It’s hard to believe it’s been an entire year, but today is the first anniversary of Billy Mays’ death. Are you rocking that blue shirt? ‘Cause you gotta – it’s how we honor the greatest pitchman who ever pitched a product. A year ago today he passed away at the age of 50, leaving us to eulogize him on YouTube and mop our tears with Zorbeez (the power to absorb up to 27 times greater than paper towels or any cotton cloth!).
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! According to urbandictionary.com, it’s officially Billy Mays Day: “It’s Traditional to wear a blue collared shirt with a white under shirt. Must also wear khakis. You must use CAPS LOCK the whole day. Even when talking to family or friends. If you can grow a beard by then, you are the man.”
SO, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, HERE’S SOME LINKS TO HELP YOU CELEBRATE BILLY MAYS REMEMBRANCE DAY:
- LA TIMES: ONE YEAR AGO, BILLY MAYS
- DISCOVERY CHANNEL: PITCHMEN, REMEMBERING BILLY
- BUZZFEED.COM: BILLY MAYS MEMORIAL CAPS LOCK DAY 6.28
- MYFOXTAMPABAY.COM: A YEAR LATER, BILLY MAYS’ LEGACY LIVES ON
- JACKSONVILLE.COM: TODAY IN FLORIDA HISTORY
- ASSEENONTVVIDEO.COM: TOP TEN BILLY MAYS COMMERCIALS
WE MISS YOU, BILLY.